Visual Jobs Scheduler
The Visual Jobs Scheduler (VJS) is an extension of Microsoft Business Central for Gantt Chart Scheduling. It fully integrates to your jobs and resource planning modules and allows you to quickly react and change your schedule thus preventing unplanned incidents, delays and miscommunication between departments. Imagine the following scenarios in your company:
– Your sales team who are communicating verbally or using emails to get information from your resource planner. If they could see it real-time in planning, this could save their team and prevent customers not receiving changes in orders;
– Your managers planning resources in another system and having to make double entries while you can have everything in one system;
– A situation where you already have jobs planned in your Business Central but without any visual schedule to show it and understand it more easily.
Using Visual Jobs Scheduler you may turn time- and resource-oriented planning data into an actionable schedule.
VPS requires you to have Business Central Essentials license. Cloudrelia is an official reseller of VJS in North America, let us know if you have any questions.
Some of the key features of VPS:
1. Drag & drop planning of tasks, planning lines and resources
Visually plan jobs, job tasks and job planning lines and resources by simple mouse actions such as drag & drop. The VJS both supports horizontal movements (i.e. modification of start and end date) and vertical changes (i.e. modification of resource allocation). At the same time, you can implement and visualize dependencies of job tasks by simple interactions.
2. Many support functions for quickly navigating
The Visual Job Viewer offers lots of options that make navigating in the planning board very easy: jump to the time now line with one click, zoom into a period by mouse-wheel, jump back to your starting position and much more.
3. Create new job planning lines interactively
The “creation mode” of the VJS shows a list of your resources (in the Job View) or a list with all your jobs, job planning lines and job tasks (in the Resource View) so that you can interactively assign a resource to a task or a job task to a resource by dragging it from the list to the chart.
4. Understand resource load, not just project structure
The Visual Jobs Scheduler is not just an interactive Gantt chart as you might know it from other project management solutions. Along with the position of jobs, job tasks and job planning lines in terms of time and their allocation to single resources it also shows the respective resource utilization. If moving a job task results in an overload, an optical warning will be given so that you can react immediately. Of course, this happens in real-time.
5. Complete integration into Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
The VJS fully integrates in Dynamics 365 Business Central and directly connects to its database, not requiring the implementation of another one. This tight integration brings a couple of benefits for the users: they do not need to learn a new UI, they can continue to work in their standard ERP environment and they a get a couple of shortcuts from the visual scheduling extension to the ERP system: Double-clicking a job, e.g., opens the respective job card.