Visual Production Scheduler
The Visual Production Scheduler (VPS) is an extension of Microsoft Business Central for Gantt Chart Scheduling. It fully integrates to your manufacturing module and allows you to quickly react and change your schedule thus preventing unplanned incidents, delays and miscommunication between departments. Imagine the following scenarios in your company:
– Your sales team who are communicating verbally or using emails to get information from your production planner. This could save their team and prevent customers not receiving changes in orders;
– Your managers planning jobs in another system and having to make double entries while you can have everything in one system;
– A situation where you already have jobs planned in your Business Central but without any visual schedule to show it and understand it more easily.
Using Visual Production Scheduler you may turn time- and resource-oriented planning data into an actionable schedule.
VPS requires you to have Business Central Premium license. Cloudrelia is an official reseller of VPS in North America, let us know if you have any questions.
Some of the key features of VPS:
1. Drag & Drop Planning of operations
Move the position of operations by simple mouse actions – horizontally to modify start and end dates or vertically to modify assignments to different work or machine centers.
2. Complete integration in Dynamics 365 Business Central
The VPS has been completely integrated into Dynamics 365 Business Central as a page making use of the Dynamics 365 Business Central client extensibility framework. This integration allows for a seamless collaboration. Double-clicking on production orders for instance opens the production order card, while double-clicking on a work center correspondingly opens the work center card.
3. Visual decision support in real time
The Visual Production Scheduler is not just an interactive Gantt chart. Apart from the time-related position of production orders and their allocation to resources it also shows the workload of the resources. When a production order is moved exceeding work/machine center capacities, a visual warning will be displayed enabling you to react immediately. This way, you can keep dates and capacities in check any time!
4. Automatic scheduling of successors and predecessors
When operations being part of a production order are moved, the successors and predecessors can be automatically shifted with them while at the same time the float time is always minimized. This can be done with both sequential and parallel operations.
5. Many support functions for quickly navigating
The Visual Production Viewer offers lots of options that make navigating in the planning board very easy: jump to the time now line with one click, zoom into a period by mouse-wheel, jump back to your starting position and much more.